Here are some of the top factors that will influence how many streams a campaign will generate:
Factors you (the artist) control:
- The number of genres and playlists targeted
- The strength/quality of the song
- Selecting genres that align well with your song, we’ve provided two options to help, if you need more, just ask.
Once your song is added to a playlist, the number of streams will be influenced by the playlist curator and the activity of their listeners.
Factors controlled by the curators and their listeners:
- Which position you are placed on their playlist
- The duration that your song is kept on their playlist
- The activity level of their playlist followers
Why the number of playlist followers will not be equal to the same number of streams you receive:
It’s unrealistic to expect 50,000 listeners from a playlist with 50,000 followers. Please bear in mind that on average playlists have an active listeners ratio of around 10%.
For example, If you’re added to a playlist with 50,000 followers, and its followers are 10% active, this playlist will have around 5,000 active listeners per month.